Straight from their mouths, America! (occupywallstreet.org) -
- Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.
- Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.
- Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.
- Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.
- Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.
- Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty, to all undocumented residents of the US.
- Create a single-payer, universal health care system.
- Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding, provided by the taxpayers.
- Institute a negative income tax, and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.
- Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.
- Allow workers to elect their supervisors.
- Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.
- Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.
- Ban the private ownership of land.
- Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.
- Reduce the age of majority to 16.
- Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.
- Release all political prisoners immediately.
- Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Abolish the debt limit.
- Ban private gun ownership.
- Strengthen the separation of church and state.
- Immediate debt forgiveness for all.
- End the ‘War on Drugs’.
Well here you go… This is the kind of stupid ideology that these clowns claim to share. When you see the idiot college kids down there, screaming their slogans, you have to wonder what exactly they’re being taught in the colleges they send them to. You’d also have to question why our president chooses to surround himself with people from academia, and has proclaimed openly, his support, for this movement.
And we elected this guy????
I’m not knocking higher education, I myself went to college. On top of that, our founding fathers were all highly educated; so that’s not my issue. My problem is when indoctrination is meant to pass for education, and people don’t realize this. The same kids who go through this indoctrination, earn and graduate with these degrees, often times in subjects that serve absolutely no practical purpose outside of these institutions, and can’t for the life of them, figure out why they can’t find employment.
It’s not that they took out huge loans for these expensive degrees, it isn’t that they majored in something stupid, e.g. pissed money away, it isn’t that there is no demand for their skills; nope… It’s the system that screwed them. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? Say, like. oh I dunno… the people who are blaming the banks for the loans they took out, for houses they couldn’t afford, and then lost them?
It’s every one else’s fault – never our own. It reminds me of my youngest, when he and the kid next door get caught doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing. As soon as you catch one, they point the finger at the other and said, “well he did _______ “, in order to side step guilt.
Well America, I ask you; is this pass-the-buck way of avoiding blame, and instead blaming financial institutions and people with more wealth than ourselves, any different from, two 7-year-olds, who are trying to avoid punishment?
This is NOT what democracy looks like, guys… This is what COMMUNISM looks like. These are what the Soviets referred to as, “Useful Idiots.”
Source for story: http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-ows-demands/