Massachusetts Man Critically Injured In Greenwich Village After Gang-Beating Over Punk Sitting On His Car

Posted on January 16, 2013


New York (The Gaslamp Post) – A viciously savage beating that occurred early Sunday morning has left a young man clinging to life.  Witnesses say the young man and his companions were exchanging words with a group of men in Greenwich Village, when weapons came out and they proceeded to jump on one of them.

According to NY Daily News, Kevin McCarron, 24, of Andover, Massachusetts, had been at a pizzeria prior to leaving with friends around 5:30 am Sunday.  An eyewitness said that a man had been sitting on top of the car that the group had arrived in.

As words were exchanged, it became evident that the man who had been sitting on their car wasn’t alone.  One of those individuals reportedly retrieved some weapons from another car and returned.

The video below shows the violent attack on Mr. McCarron in which he suffered a fractured skull.  Witnesses say that McCarron was beaten with baseball bats, a tire iron, a blackjack and other assault weapons.

Video:  Eagle-Tribune

Eventually the assault devolved into kicking and stomping the unconscious man.  A relative of McCarron, Patrick McCarron was also injured in the attack.

The woman who was able to capture the assault on her cell phone can be heard screaming as it was going on.  “I started screaming for someone to call the police,” said the 25-year-old woman.  “It was hard to watch.”

McCarron was rushed to New York Presbyterian Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

assault bats

Police have  since apprehended 2 of the suspects in the gang beating.  24-year-old Hatem Farsakh, believed to have been the man sitting on the group’s car was captured first.  22-year-old Sherif Rizk, another alleged participant in the beating was reportedly picked up this morning.  Four others are presently being sought by police.

According to the New York Post,

The victim was taken to Weill Cornell Medical Center with a fractured skull and internal bleeding, law enforcement sources said.

“The defendant [Farsakh] and his compatriots’ conduct resulted in substantial bleeding, swelling, loss of consciousness, and a fractured skull” to the victim, according to the criminal complaint.

Farsakh was charged with attempted murder and assault, and is currently being held on $10,000 bond.  Rizk has been charged with gang assault one, assault, and attempted murder.  His bond has not been announced at this time.

A bouncer who was working the door at an establishment nearby said that, “I’ve been doing this job for a few years now and I have never seen such a brutal fight.”

(h/t:  Drudge Report)